Friday, May 18, 2007

May is here and so are we

It’s May in Berkeley, and the star jasmine is back in bloom. This is important because I walk by a bunch of that ornamental shrub on my way to the train in the morning. It's nice when it's in bloom because it makes the street smell sweet. What also makes me happy is the fact that the Sox are playing .700 ball and are 10 games up in the division.

Here's a cute smile of Daphne.

Though I promised to start posting pictures in chronological order, I still put these shots in reverse order. Oh well. This picture is of Marin County in NorCal. We are walking out to the lighthouse at Point Reyes (the Kings' Point). You may have had the blue cheese from this area (there are tons of cows all over this point). It was really windy.


This next shot is of Miles Molina Allen getting some holy water on him. Like good old Jesus himself, Miles took the plunge into the world of baptism. That's me on the left there, in my official God Father position. To the right is Jill's sister Leslie, who is my God-partner for young Miles. We'll make sure he stays on the straight and narrow.


This is my favorite part of the baptism ceremony. The parents and God parents testify that they will do a whole series of Godly things for the child. The best is the renounciation of Satan. I don't usually think about Satan, but I sure do at this particular time. Just imagine how terrified people used to be in the olden days about Satan and whatnot. Just shows to go ya....I'm excited about teaching Miles all I know about the Church, especially what the Jesuits told me back in college.


This is Messers NorCal and SoCal posing with Daphne in front of an altar to the Virgin Mother.

Miles getting his baptising outfit on. Check out that game face.

Here is Unlce (twice over) Fred with the family. In addition to Miles' baptism, we were also celebrating Fred's birthday and prematurely celebrating Peter's.

This is Aunt Jill with Miles. Daphne is looking on from her cozy swing.

Daphne is watching her dad absolutely work Uncle Petenice on the court, just like back in high school when they were on the same hoops team. Believe me, it was a beating that Petenice won't soon forget.

Fred's birthday party with the kids.

Fred getting captured from both sides as he blows out the candles.

Mister Miles.

Snow in Yosemite.

I went to Yosemite for work with the family. Here's a group shot.


I love the smiles in this shot. Full waterfalls this part of the year.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home